Sunday, March 29, 2009

First Camping Trip


We just got home from our first camping trip of the year. It rained, of course. But camping is camping and I loved it. However, the Duke felt differently. The first trip of the season the Duke always expects to forget something, or have some maintenance adjustments and such. But this was not good. Last fall the RV dealer replaced the entire kitchen counter top because it was de-laminating and still under warranty. The trailer went into storage for the winter as soon as they did the repair. So, after doing all the dinner dishes on Friday night, there was a huge mess under the sink because the dealer did not tighten the fittings when reinstalling the sink and faucet. The Duke was not a "Happy Camper". Then the microwave broke. Then the Duke noticed water running down the wall behind the stove. And it pretty much got worse from there. The Duchess calls that "Making Memories".


This is me just hanging out watching TV.
The Duchess ordered this super soft blanket just for me.

No Bear! This is my sofa.

Did I mention the rain?

I only left for a moment, and when I came back the Duke was in my spot!


My Sir Bear



We had one "sun-break" that lasted about 3 minutes.

7 comments:

  1. Hi there Emma Rose! My Mommy says you have such a sweet name. Nice to meet cha & welcome to Dogs With Blogs!

    Belly jiggles,
    Solid Gold Dancer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohh, nice couch you share with your human!

    Nice pictures, especially the rain. I love rain.

    Wiggles,
    Brind'Amour

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so sweet Emma Rose for sharing your couch!!! You don't look worse for wear from camping in the rain or the leaky sink! You must have just "overseen" the memory making!
    Looks like the Peninsula...is that where you went? Unless you went to Sequim, you're bound to subject the Duke and Duchess to wet!
    Ahhhh but I do miss the Peninsula, I haven't been there in years! Can I sneak in with you next time??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Rain photos! The first trip out is just a "trial"..hope things go better next time. It is the pits that you have to share your couch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nuisance things didn't work, however you're right. That's what makes memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Better luck next trip. Sounds like you are a cup half full kind of person. Wish I could say the same!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "making memories" LOL now that is funny! When we go camping our mom says it is "nightmare material". Guess it is just a matter of perspective eh?

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you! We have had to disable Anonymous comments because of spam. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Related Posts with Thumbnails