Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Sun Came & Went

We had a nice sunny day so we let the chicks out to play in the fresh air. 
They loved it.  They didn't even mind the mud.





This is just a temporary fence.  The Duke is working on the new one.
The new fence has much smaller holes.  It's called chicken wire!
Someone who had chickens invented it to keep their chickens from getting out :)
And that is what we are going to use it for.




Now I would like to introduce you to Harriet. 
 She is the only one of the girls that has a name.
She got her name because of her "hairy" feet. 
Actually her feet are covered with feathers, not hair,
but it looks like she has hairy feet. 
 None of the other girls have it,
so she is special and we gave her a name. 
The Duke said we couldn't name any of them, but we did it anyway.











I love to lay by the fence and watch my peeps.
They do some really silly stuff.





I think they love me. (What's not to love, right?)





Another hard days work behind me.  Being a Queen is sometimes exhausting!


Thanks for stopping by!

Kisses,

12 comments:

  1. OK that was strange, my computer just logged off so I'm leaving you my comment again!! LOL
    I like hairy feet Harriet, I have never seen a chicken like that. All the little peeps are cute!
    xxoo
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harriet is adorable! I can see why you'd be so tired!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun..and the chicks are really growing fast! You really must name all of them..you have a good start with Harriet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet you two wanted to herd them so bad! I like Harriet's hairy/feathery feeties. She is definitely unique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The little peeps aren't so little any more!
    The queen must keep watch over everything in her kingdom.
    Are you napping now so you can be up early Friday morning to watch the royal wedding?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Harrriet looks cool with her wooly socks.
    Also thanks for your sweet words on my blog for my Misty she is in heaven now.
    byeeeee,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  7. Harriet loves you so much that she is wanting to have furry paws too:) They sure do get big fast. Bet they loved their time outside.

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  8. When my mom leaves my furs alone... I have Chick Feet just like Harriet does. Mom even calls them my Chicken Feet.. hehehehe
    I would LOVE to "play" with your chickens.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Harriet looks so cute!! We can tell that all of you just love watching them!! Emma Rose, no wonder you were completely exhausted after a day of watching them. Get some sleep and all of you can start again!! Lots of love, Debbie and Holly

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're so good with those chickens!!! I think I'd be scared...
    -Corbin

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your chickens! There were chickens in my backyard for years. When there was only one left my mom gave her to some really nice people who live on an estate and have very spoiled chickens. She's living the life now! My mom named all our chickens - Red, Dot, Bunny, Chip and Banty (among others).

    Pedro

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Emma Rose, I can see the sheep dog in you when you are watching those chickens. It looks very interesting work for you all I must say.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you! We have had to disable Anonymous comments because of spam. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Related Posts with Thumbnails